Can we imagine our lives without eating wholesome food? People might opt for eating out when someone cannot cook at home, but eating out too frequently can be detrimental for your health. Well, we all know there is no substitute for home food, but it might not be possible for you to cook each day, especially when you are a working professional. The good news is you can hire a cook instead to fulfill your needs and satiate your taste. It is not so challenging tohire a cook in MumbaiÂ but there are a few things that you should consider while hiring a cook for home.
The following list suggests ten such things that you must keep in mind while hiring a cook for your home.
- Home Cooking Experience Firstly, you must remember that you are looking for a cook for home cooking, Hence, while evaluating a cook, do not forget to check if he/she has home cooking experience. Also, find out if the cook is engaged working at other houses, and thus figure out the cook's availability. You should always hire someone who has prior experience in home cooking.
- Hire according to your Need You know that you love to eat food, hence look for a cook depending on your requirement. While hiring a cook, check with him, if he knows how to cook the menu according to your preference. If you are a non-vegetarian, you must ensure your cook knows how to prepare non-veg food.
- Discussion of other responsibilities Cooking is not limited to, making only sumptuous food. There are multiple different things that your cook should take care of, such as washing the kitchen, cleaning the cooking utensils, and maintaining a clean kitchen. You must make sure your cook is ready to perform these duties. If he agrees to perform every task, then it is time to discuss work timings and fees.
- Fees and Leave Structure While finalizing the cook's salary, explain the same very clearly to your cook about it because your cook's expectation might exceed your budget. So, talk to him about fees, work timings, and leave structure before she starts reporting to work.
- Recommendation It is a good idea to select the cook based on the recommendation of your friends or other family members. Considering the advice can be beneficial when you are new to a place or a locality and do not have much about the neighborhood.
- Background Check It is again an excellent idea to conduct a background check of the cook that you have decided to hire. Ask the cook to show KYC documents or even share his address to ensure the person you are hiring is reliable.
- Maintains Hygiene We all are aware of the importance of hygiene in our lives. At the time of hiring the cook, you should make sure the domestic help knows the importance of maintaining and cooking the food with clean and washed hands.
- Language Always hire someone who understands your language and can follow your instructions.
- Honest and Reliable There are many cook services in Mumbai, and they can provide you with some of the best cooks for your home. It is your responsibility to make sure the cook that you are hiring is an honest person and reliable too.
- Polite Always look for someone who is well behaved and has a polite nature.